Monday, December 29, 2008

The Holiday Update (finally...!)

Whew. It's been a whirlwind of get-togethers and visiting this past week. But Christmas is officially behind us (and sadly all the Christmas songs off the radio!), and as routine returns to most households, I'm trying to busy myself with new knitting projects before next semester begins a week today.

However, I finally have a shot of my completed Angle baby sweater by Tora Froseth, which I am just in love with. I predict the creation of more in the near future, because it is just so fabulous! I decided to change the CC2 back panel into seed stitch, A) because it doesn't roll the way stocking stitch does, and B) because seed stitch is officially my favourite! I love the tweed-esque, nubbily aspect of it!

I could go on for a very long time about this sweater, but I have more projects for others posts that I think I will save! In the meantime, I think next up on the list is a scarflet for my mom before I go back to Montreal (probably the moss stitch creation by Emily Jane here), and also a possible ongoing creation, the Wild Stripes Baby Blanket by Kristin Goedert on Knitty.

Until then, the needles are empty, which is partly because I have lost my US size 9 needles! The only ones I need! Urgh... I am convinced they are somewhere in this house, and not in Montreal, but I can't be sure... whoever said gauge was important?! I'll just try size 8!

No comments: