Thursday, December 4, 2008

We have begun...!

Here it is. My first real skein. For my first real project.

OK, so maybe not my first real project. I've made four scarves and one other baby cardigan. But I actually paid for this pattern (not that I stole the others -- they were just free!), so somehow it seems more official.

It also seems ten times harder than anything I have done before. I don't even understand the instructions. But that's how I felt about the other baby cardigan at first. I figure that it's best to challenge yourself. Otherwise, I'd still be knitting those scarves, over and over again, with their incessant cables.

The yarn is from Ariadne, which I have to say was not as exciting as I thought it would be. Less selection than Mouline, and although it's definitely stylish, I wasn't awed. I don't know, maybe I'm just not as excited about yarn shopping as others. But I really love searching it on Etsy, so that's not quite true.
Maybe I'm just an online yarn shopper instead. I think I'm going to leave it at that.

...

This yarn, along with the Opal 4-ply that I bought, is hopefully going to work out eventually to become Angle (Ravelry link here), by Tora Froseth. The nice thing about paying for a pattern is that Tora is available for troubleshotting. The way I'm going, she's probably be wishing that she charged me twice as much!

Oh well, back to the grindstone. I have a paper due tomorrow on Kate Chopin's stellar novel, The Awakening. I've hardly even started. But it was worth it. I wound my new skein instead!

No comments: