Friday, December 19, 2008

Bringing Joy (and Shame) to Crocheters Everywhere...

Now I'm sure that crocheting ladies (and men, for that matter) would be heartened to know that a new person has joined their fold.

However, I'm pretty sure that one look at my Granny Square, and they would have my hooks taken away from me for the rest of my natural life. Above is my first somewhat recognizable attempt at crocheting a traditional Granny Square. I can't even begin to think about how many stitches I pulled out just to get this far.

I wasn't expecting crocheting to be a walk in the park, but goodness, I had no idea how much practice it would take. I've got the idea down for the most part now, and it's still coming out lumpy and disfigured, for the most part. Many I can block it like crazy...?

In the world outside of fiber arts, I've been stuck in the house all day today while Toronto experiences its first big winter storm. There's even been thunder. I feel guilty about not going out (still have more Christmas gifts to buy!!), but I think those things can wait a few days. I basically have to shovel every two hours, and that only puts a small dent in things. Ah, there's nothing like winter in Canada...

No comments: