Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hinterland Whose Who ... Montreal Edition

So not technically part of knitting, this is a photograph I took a few weeks ago. Those familiar with Montreal might guess that I took it on the Mountain, or maybe on a trip to Mont St Hilaire.

On the contrary, I took this while kneeling at my bedroom window, on a street in the absolute downtown core of Montreal! This is a female Downy Woodpecker, the smallest woodpecker in North America (thank you Hinterland Whose Who !). The male has a gorgeous red spot on the top of his head. I've seen him a couple of time, but he doesn't stay long, and photographing him has eluded me so far.


On that note, here is a photo I took of the same window just a couple of months ago. I can't believe that it was so lovely and autumn-like not long ago... I should post something about the snow. It's really gorgeous too, though.

All the branches were covered in snow that melted, then refroze, and have turned into ice-covered trees. It's just the Ice Storm...

I think I'll post more on the Angle sweater tonight. It's more than half done and really starting to take shape!

No comments: